Multi-Modal Labour and Skills Shortages Symposium Invitation
Transport Canada would like to invite you to attend a virtual Multi-Modal Symposium on Labour and Skills Shortages in the transportation sector. The theme of the Symposium is “addressing labour and skills shortages by increasing participation of underrepresented groups.”
The Symposium will bring together industry, academia, government, and other representatives to discuss labour and skills shortages in the transportation sector. Discussion will focus on the barriers and solutions to increase the participation of underrepresented groups (including youth, women, Indigenous Persons, and ethnic or racial minorities) in the sector.
- The Symposium will be held virtually over two half-days. Please find attached the draft agenda.
- Day 1 will be held on November 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST).
- Day 2 will be held on November 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST).
- Agenda (attached).
Register your attendance at: Multi-Modal Symposium on Labour and Skills Shortages in the Transportation Sector
We invite you to share this registration link with others in your organization, relevant regional associations, and any companies that are actively engaged in advancing the participation of underrepresented groups. Additionally, we request that you register before Wednesday, November 8th.
Why you should attend:
- Increase your knowledge and awareness of government actions to address labour and skills shortages;
- Share your views and learn from others to support improved actions by governments, industry, and other partners to recruit and retain underrepresented groups in the transportation sector; and
- Explore individual and collective actions to address labour and skills shortages.
Complete this survey:
Your feedback is important to us. Please take the time to complete this voluntary survey, which will help inform discussions during the Awareness, Promotion, and Outreach break-out room session of the Symposium agenda.
For inquiries, or any additional information, please contact us at multimodalinfo-
We look forward to welcoming you to the Symposium.
Download the following attachment:
Symposium Agenda – Ordre du jour du Symposium
Multi-Modal and Road Safety Programs